The Tax Office has released the minutes of the 12 August 2010 meeting of the NTLG FBT Sub-committee. Issues discussed at the meeting included:
- - internet access costs, laptops and the s 58X exemption for work-related items (see para  of this Bulletin);
- - s 23AG ITAA 1936 and the otherwise deductible rule in fly-in-fly-out arrangements;
- - no private use declarations for business travel greater than 5 nights;
- - prepaid novated lease payments relating to a novation that has ceased; and
- - exempt benefits relating to the Australian Traineeship System.